As the holiday season rapidly approaches it’s easy to forget about the most important person on your gift list--- you!
‘Tis the season of giving to your spouse, best friend or parent but what about a gift idea list for yourself? This month, I am gifting self-love and kindness. I often put others' needs before mine, but today marks the beginning of my Chanukah gift to myself---be kind to Caroline.
Every time a negative voice comes into my head regarding body image or productivity, I will acknowledge the thought and then simply reject it.
IF WE ARE NOT COMPASSIONATE TO OURSELVES THEN HOW DO WE EXPECT COMPASSION FROM THOSE AROUND US?
While many November/December magazine issues have their 10 top holiday picks here are mine--- and they are only for you:
1. Get a massage
2. Get a manicure
3. Take an hour to exercise
4. Eat a meal that is healthy and delicious (sitting and chewing)
5. Meditate for 20 minutes for a week
6. Keep a joy journal where every evening you write down 5 things that gave you joy that day
7. Eat something indulgent and enjoy every single bite (guilt free)
8. Take yourself on a date!
9. Spend a few hours reading a wonderful book that brings you happiness when you think you should be doing something else instead
10. Get acupuncture!